Accredited Independent Private School
7/24/2011Stratford School is fully accredited by WASC.
Stanford, UCLA, UC Berkley, USC, and Pepperdine University. These are a few names that come to mind when you think about prestigious, highly academic and accomplished universities. Of all the colleges and universities in the Western Region, only 161 have met high standards of quality and effectiveness to become accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, (WASC). It is one of
six regional accrediting associations in the United States that accredits prestigious colleges and universities named above, as well as junior colleges, and K-12 schools.
Stratford is honored to have received accreditation by WASC. After completing a rigorous three year self-assessment, committee review and evaluation, Stratford School received full accreditation for a six-year term.
As a WASC accredited school, families may have confidence in Stratford's purpose, mission, and educational goals. Accreditation also assures parents that our purposes are being accomplished through a visionary educational program.
The WASC evaluating committee formally commended Stratford on a compelling list of academic strengths and its enriching school community. Highlights from the report include:
WASC accreditation certifies that Stratford is a trustworthy institution of learning and validates the integrity of our school's program as it supports student learning.
- The school provides a rich, well-rounded, challenging, and sequential curriculum that is constantly enhanced.
- The staff is dedicated, enthusiastic, and committed to the Stratford vision of academic excellence.
- The school leadership team is dedicated to the school’s purpose and monitors the work of the staff to ensure that the programs remain effective and successful.
- The visionary and passionate leadership personnel insure that Stratford School provides a rigorous and challenging academic program.
- A wholesome school culture that results in high morale among staff that leads to positive relationships with students and parents.
- The responsiveness of the head office and site administration to teacher needs is impressive.
- High academic achievement across the entire student body is achieved.
- We commend the exceptionally clean and safe schools.
- A pervasive atmosphere of mutual respect and commitment to student learning is established.
- The parent community and their visible support for their students’ educational experience at Stratford School.
To learn more about the accreditation process for primary schools, please visit WASC