Elementary Summer Program
Elementary Summer Program
For 1st – 5th grade we will offer a series of themed sessions. Students will collaborate to tackle real-world problems by utilizing cross-curricular academic principles and new concepts in a fun and engaging way. Camp sessions, tailored for each grade level, will be built around project-based learning themes which include Worldly Adventures, Innovation Design, Culinary Exploration, and Team Building Challenge.
These programs promote the reinforcement and retention of grade-level concepts.
Weekly Themes include:
Students will broaden their horizons by exploring other cultures. They will develop a greater understanding of the world that lies outside our borders. The best part of this course….No passport needed!
- 1st Grade: Each junior explorer will become a Head of Tourism. Campers will learn about different places around the world and create a travel brochure to educate their peers about a place they have never been.
- 2nd & 3rd Grade: The goal in this course is to increase tourism in a country that is struggling to attract visitors. Students will develop a deep knowledge of a specific country, and will write a Travel Blog to promote the country to travelers.
- 4th & 5th Grade: In this challenging course, students will create a colony and help it to flourish in a difficult environment. They will strive to make the colony so successful that inhabitants will choose to stay and make it their home.
Campers will learn the fun side of design and engineering. Kids will be encouraged to expand their imaginations and creativity. They will be introduced to foundational engineering skills and use them to create ultimate spaces for amusement and play. Join us in creating the next great architectural play space. The sky’s the limit!
- 1st Grade: Children will design the ultimate play space.
- 2nd & 3rd Grade: Campers will develop and build a model for a cutting-edge playground.
- 4th & 5th Grade: Students will invent the next world-class amusement park ride.
Students will explore food and food service in this interactive course. What could be more fun and delicious than exploring cooking and culinary delights?
- 1st Grade: Students will learn where food comes from by creating their own Farm Homestead. Campers will look at the process of raising animals, planting crops, and processing products.
- 2nd & 3rd: Children will plan and develop their own cooking show and party. They will learn how to plan menus and food quantities. They will demonstrate cooking procedures, and dine together to enjoy their wonderful creations.
- 4th & 5th: Our more advanced chefs will walk through the process of owning a food truck. Students will create their menus, calculate costs, and determine pricing.
Team Building Challenge
Jobs now and in the future are no longer isolated efforts of individuals, but rather collaborations among varying departments. This course will help enhance each camper’s unique abilities by developing his or her team building skills and social relationships. Calling all future leaders!
- 1st Grade: Our young campers will focus on developing communications skills through fun and exciting activities.
- 2nd & 3rd Grade: Students will work together and actively participate in group dynamics. Children will learn how playing together can lead to excellent experiences working together and help them to develop meaningful social relationships.
- 4th & 5th Grade: Working collaboratively helps to develop listening skills and leadership qualities. Campers will learn how to incorporate the talents of individual members to strengthen the overall team process and the outcome of assignments and activities.