Stratford School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, (WASC).
Stratford is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, and was been recognized as the first school in the state of California to earn the Carnegie STEM Excellence Pathway Digital Seal of excellence in education!
What WASC Says about Stratford School:
Stanford, UCLA, UC Berkeley, USC, and Pepperdine University. These are a few names that come to mind when you think about prestigious, highly academic and accomplished universities. Of all the colleges and universities in the Western Region, only 161 have met high standards of quality and effectiveness to become accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, (WASC). It is one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States that accredits prestigious colleges and universities named above, and K-12 schools.
Stratford is honored to have received accreditation by WASC. After completing a rigorous three year self-assessment, committee review and evaluation, Stratford School received full accreditation for a six-year term.
As a WASC accredited school, families may have confidence in Stratford's purpose, mission, and educational goals. Accreditation also assures parents that our purposes are being accomplished through a visionary educational program.
The WASC evaluating committee formally commended Stratford on a compelling list of academic strengths and its enriching school community. Highlights from the report include:
- The school provides a rich, well-rounded, challenging, and sequential curriculum that is constantly enhanced.
- The staff is dedicated, enthusiastic, and committed to the Stratford vision of academic excellence.
- The school leadership team is dedicated to the school’s purpose and monitors the work of the staff to ensure that the programs remain effective and successful.
- The visionary and passionate leadership personnel insure that Stratford School provides a rigorous and challenging academic program.
- A wholesome school culture that results in high morale among staff that leads to positive relationships with students and parents.
- The responsiveness of the head office and site administration to teacher needs is impressive.
- High academic achievement across the entire student body is achieved.
- We commend the exceptionally clean and safe schools.
- A pervasive atmosphere of mutual respect and commitment to student learning is established.
- The parent community and their visible support for their students’ educational experience at Stratford School.
WASC accreditation certifies that Stratford is a trustworthy institution of learning and validates the integrity of our school's program as it supports student learning.
Partnerships and Affiliations
- Stratford School is now an institutional member of the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA), which gives us access to cutting-edge research about current teaching practices and technologies.
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills offers innovative teaching and learning strategies for incorporating information, media, and technology into Stratford's curriculum.
- Educational Collaborators assists Stratford with long term implementation plans and change management around technology integration.
- Stratford collaborates with industry consultants to bridge the gap between engineering applications in the real world and the theoretical principles students learn in our classrooms.
- Stratford School is a member of the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA).