Safety @ Stratford
We understand that safety at school is a parent's highest priority.
At Stratford, it is ours too, and we want to share with you the comprehensive measures we take to ensure school safety.
Campus Security & Emergency Preparedness
At the Campus
Stratford has professional security guards during school hours, and all visitors are required to check in at the office to obtain a pass before entering the campus.
Additional Security For Preschool
Additional safety procedures for our preschool program include safety gates at the classroom doors and Stratford's specialty Passport System for signing in and out.
In the event of emergencies, we initiate our Connect5 system, so we may provide immediate information and safety instructions to parents. Behind the scenes, our BeSafe Committee reviews all safety and emergency procedures to ensure that all staff members are trained to handle emergencies.
Stratford's Hiring & Training Programs
Rigorous Hiring Process
Before our teachers enter the classroom, they have gone through an extensive hiring and training process, including:
- Completion of Stratford's proprietary assessment exam
- Prepare and teach a lesson in class
- Multiple interviews with the Principal and Regional Director
- Thorough background checks: As a condition of employment, all employees must receive DOJ/FBI clearance, pass a Child Abuse Index check, fingerprinting, and provide a copy of a negative TB Test
Prior to the start of each school year, teachers and staff attend Stratford University. This week-long enrichment program features inspiring training sessions with internal and external experts from all areas of the education field.
Plus, new teachers are paired with a grade level mentor, so they may receive one-on-one support throughout their first year at Stratford. In addition, annual training and certification are required in the following areas:
- CPR and First Aid training
- Certification in Stratford's Health and Safety requirements and protocols
- Monthly safety drills, including thorough emergency and evacuation practices
- Food and environmental allergy training, including the use of EpiPens
During your tour of Stratford School, please be sure and ask about our safety procedures, hiring, and training processes. It's important information for you to know!
Health & Wellness
Promoting good health and safety is first and foremost at Stratford School. It is important as a school community of educators, parents, and students that we work together to prevent the spread of germs and illness. We can help protect others and ourselves from virus infections, colds, and flus with best health practices, including:
- Wash hands often with soap and water, especially after using the toilet and changing diapers
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact, such as touching and shaking hands, with people who are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or shirt sleeve, but not hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Stay home when sick
If you have any specific questions or concerns about health during the cold and flu season, please speak with your health care professional.